MIDDLETOWN GRANGE FAIR
AUGUST 14- 18, 2013
EXHIBIT ENTRY PROCEDURE
Each person entering an exhibit in the Middletown Grange Fair MUST have an Exhibitor’s Identification Number and a computer generated tag for every item they are entering in the Fair. These tags are required PRIOR to submitting EACH & EVERY item. Entry Tags are obtained at the Grange Fair Entry Center located in Building 3A, on the Fair Grounds, and can be picked up Sunday, August 11 2013 (11 A.M. to 3 P.M.) and on Monday, August 12, 2013, (10 A.M. to 7:45 P.M.). ALL Entries are accepted on MONDAY ONLY, between the hours of 10 A.M. and 8 P.M.
1. All Classes are OPEN to the Public.
1. All exhibitors agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Middletown Grange Fair. Each exhibitor is required to have a unique, computer generated, exhibitor’s number. Bar Coded Entry Tags are required for each exhibited item and must be obtained from the Grange Fair Entry Center, Building 3A, BEFORE any item is submitted for entry in any department. Copies of tags are invalid. Exhibits are accepted on Monday ONLY.
2. The fair management reserves the right to amend or add to these rules and regulations as its judgment may determine.
3. Reasonable care will be taken to protect all exhibits on display from injury and damage but the fair is not, in any way, to be held responsible for accidents, loss or damage by water, fire, theft, or otherwise, whatever may be the cause or extent of the damage or loss. Any person detected tampering with the exhibits will be dealt with according to the law.
4. Entries will be made according to classification, determined by the exhibitor.
5. Listed premiums are given for meritorious exhibits. Ribbons are awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places, unless otherwise designated. In cases where there is not competition, judges may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive. The same rule applies when there are fewer entries in any class than the number of premiums offered. The judges may, at their discretion, award a prize or prizes of such grade, as the exhibit deserves. The fair reserves the right to determine how many entries will be accepted from an exhibitor in the same class or in the case of livestock, the same breed. The decision of the judges shall be final in all cases except where mistakes, fraud, misrepresentation, or collusion, not discovered at the time of the award, is proved. The Chairman of the Fair, or such referee as he may appoint, may make the decision.
6. It shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor to make known the proper name of the article or breed of livestock he is entering. Any item entered improperly will be disqualified to receive a prize, but the judges will mark the correct name on the entry tag for the benefit of the owner so the same mistake in entering need not be made the second time.
7. All entries will be grown, produced, or made ENTIRELY by the exhibitor.
8. Chairmen of departments reserve the right of refusing to accept any entry. Furthermore, the Chairmen reserve the right to bar from competition animals, vegetables, flowers, products, and manufactured articles of decidedly inferior quality and those not possessing sufficient merit to warrant recognition.
9. PLEASE NOTE: Entry tags will NOT be printed after 7:45 on Monday. This will allow our Department chairman time to accept entries BEFORE the 8:00 P.M. Deadline.
10. Entries must NOT BE REMOVED before 4:00 P.M. Sunday, the last day of the Fair, in order to participate in the payment of premiums or awards.
11. Award checks should be picked up in the Grange Fair Entry Center, Building 3A, on Sunday, the last day of the Fair, between 4:00 and 6:00 P.M. You may also drop off a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope (4” X 9 1/2”) during the Fair and your check will be mailed to you. Checks will not be mailed unless a SASE envelope has been provided or previous arrangements have been made.
12. Premium award checks must be cashed within 60 days from date of check.
13. Only items (CLASSES) listed in this catalog will be accepted and judged.
14. If proper conduct is NOT displayed by exhibitor’s, they will be asked to leave and will be disqualified from further showing.
15. If you wish to donate your award check back to the Grange, PLEASE endorse the check and deposit it at the Fair Entry Center, Building 3A. WE THANK YOU!!!
16. FAIR Premium Checks NOT claimed after 90 days, from the close of the fair, will revert back to, and become the property of the Grange and will be used to help fund next years Fair.
17. Items not picked up Sunday are typically discarded UNLESS PRIOR arrangements have been made.